Definition of Braille
Rules of Braille
- Punctuation Signs
- Special Composition Signs
- Asterisk, Footnotes, References
- Accent Sign, Diphthongs, Foreign Languages
- Numbers and Roman Numerals
- Coinage, Weights, and Other Special Symbols
- Poetry, Scansion, and Stress
- General Use of Contractions
- One-cell whole-word contractions
- One-cell part-word contractions
- Lower Signs
- Initial-letter contractions
- Final-letter contractions
- Short-form words
Typical and Problem Words
Intro to Braille
APPENDIX D - DIACRITICS AND PHONETICS
- Diacritics: For a braille system of diacritic notation devised for the written representation of word pronunciations in text materials, glossaries, and dictionaries, refer to Code of Braille Textbook Formats and Techniques, most recent edition.
- Pronunciation Systems of Well-known Dictionaries: For braille systems of notation to express pronunciation symbols employed in a number of well-know dictionaries, refer to Code of Braille Textbook Formats and Techniques, most recent edition.
- IPA Phonetics Code: For a braille system of notation to express the International Phonetic Association (IPA) Alphabet, refer to Code of Braille Textbook Formats and Techniques, most recent edition.