BRL: Braille through Remote Learning
Main BRL page
English Braille, American Edition 1994
Nemeth Mathematics 1972
Summary of Rules
- General Rules
- Alternative Contractions
- Single Letter
- And, for, of, the, with
- Child, shall, this, which, out, still
- Whole-word lower: his, was, were, be, in, enough
- Rules for lower sign
- Part-word lower sign
- Whole-word lower: to, into, by
- Double-letter: bb,cc,dd,ff,gg, ea
- Initial letter
- Final letter and short form words
Typical Problem words
Copyright © 1996, 1997,1998,1999, 2000 The Shodor Education Foundation, Inc., All
13. Final-letter Contractions
- Are subject to the general rules for the use of contractions.
- May never represent whole words.
- May be used only in the middle or at the end of a word.
- May be used at the beginning of a line in a divided word.
- May never be preceded by the apostrophe or the hyphen.
- The contraction ness may be used in easily read words, but never when the root word ends in en or in.