BRL: Braille through Remote Learning
Main BRL page
English Braille, American Edition 1994
Nemeth Mathematics 1972
Summary of Rules
- General Rules
- Alternative Contractions
- Single Letter
- And, for, of, the, with
- Child, shall, this, which, out, still
- Whole-word lower: his, was, were, be, in, enough
- Rules for lower sign
- Part-word lower sign
- Whole-word lower: to, into, by
- Double-letter: bb,cc,dd,ff,gg, ea
- Initial letter
- Final letter and short form words
Typical Problem words
Copyright © 1996, 1997,1998,1999, 2000 The Shodor Education Foundation, Inc., All
3. Single-letter Contractions
- May represent whole words only, and no letters or contractions may be added to form other words.
||(Er)(in) Go Bra(gh)
||do, re, me, so
- May be followed by the apostrophe
- To form familiar conbinations, but never rare or colloquial forms.
- To form possessives.
||(Ed) (More)'s dog
- May be used with the hyphen
- To form hyphenated compound words.
- But may never form parts of words divided at the end of a line or parts of syllabized words.
- Require the double capital sign when fully capitalized.